BEKASI, KOMPAS.com – Bekasi City Metro Police will carry out Operation Zebra Jaya 2023 starting today, Monday (18/9/2023), until 1 October 2023.
Head of Operations Development Affairs (KBO) for the Bekasi City Metro Police, Inspector Devi Mardiyono, said that Operation Zebra Jaya 2023 was held in three locations, namely Jalan Ahmad Yani, Jalan M Hasibuan, and Jalan Lieutenant Aswan.
“In this activity, the Bekasi City Metro Police deployed 619 combined personnel from the Police, TNI, PM, Garrison, Transportation Agency and Satpol PP,” said Devi.
Also read: Receiving basic necessities during Operation Zebra, Ojol Drivers “Full” Smile
This operation aims to improve driving comfort and safety.
In the information received by Kompas.com, there were 15 violations targeted by Operation Zebra 2023 in Bekasi City. Here are the targets:
- Two-wheeled and four-wheeled riders who go against the flow
- Rider or driver who is under the influence of alcohol
- Riders or drivers who use cell phones while driving
- Riders do not use Indonesian National Standard (SNI) helmets
- The driver was not wearing a seat belt
- The driver exceeds the specified speed
- The rider is riding a pillion with more than one person
- The driver or motorist is underage or does not have a driving license (SIM)
- Two-wheeled, four-wheeled or more vehicles that do not meet roadworthy requirements
- Two-wheeled, four-wheeled or more vehicles that are not equipped with a vehicle registration certificate (STNK)
- Violating road markings
- Two-wheeled or four-wheeled vehicles that are not equipped with standard equipment
- Motorized vehicles that install rotators and sirens that are not suitable for their intended purpose
- Control of four-wheeled vehicles wearing secret police number plates
- Controlling illegal parking
Also read: No manual ticketing during Operation Zebra in Central Jakarta, Police: Use ETLE
Devi said that drivers caught in this operation would be given a direct warning or warning.
“Our nature is to provide warnings or education, if there are violations we will still carry out warnings,” explained Devi.
Get updates selected news And breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Come join the Telegram Group “Kompas.com News Update”, click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must install the Telegram application first on your cellphone.